• 21 Apr 2014 - 08:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: White Fang and the Gold Diggers / La spacconata (Alfonso Brescia, 1974)  (Read 2290 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

aka Whisky und die Goldgräber

I received this a couple of days ago. It's not only widescreen but anamorphic too, which came as a very welcome surprise. It's far from faultless, though, with lots of dirt around reel changes, grain and a somewhat soft-looking picture. Still, it looks quite decent - certainly much better than the cheap PD releases of various White Fang movies released in the US. The film itself is not in the same league as WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE. The annoying little, badly-dubbed boy grated on my nerves, the dog isn't really very vital to the story and there are some badly choreographed, "funny" bar fights that play like the worst of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Fortunately, the film picks up considerably in its second half. There are good locations and action, and some really good actors. Not the best Italian White Fang film but well worth a look.

I've had this a while too so thought I'd stick some grabs up from the German DVD...

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Wouldn't mind seeing this, I've got a Greek tape of the other Brescia one somewhere, "Great Hunter of the Wild North"(or something like that).

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Wouldn't mind seeing this...

You can pick the German DVD up from Amazon.co.uk for £3.54 new...

Whisky und die Goldgräber DVD - Amazon.co.uk
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Wouldn't mind seeing this...

You can pick the German DVD up from Amazon.co.uk for £3.54 new...

Whisky und die Goldgräber DVD - Amazon.co.uk
Cheers Jonny, just ordered it  ::)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Watched this today. I quite enjoy these Italian Klondike adventures. This would never get past the BBFC, there's a quite long dogfight in it.

Funny enough, it was also on one of the movies for men channels this afternoon.

Does anyone know how many other kinds of films like these there were? I've seen quite a few and wondered if there are any more that I've missed out on.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Does anyone know how many other kinds of films like these there were? I've seen quite a few and wondered if there are any more that I've missed out on.

There are quite a few, and personally I think many of them are quite a bit better than this one. CALL OF THE WILD (1972) with Charlton Heston seems to be the one that started the trend but Fulci's WHITE FANG (1973) and CHALLENGE TO WHITE FANG (1974) seem to have been quite popular too. One of my favorites is WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE (1974) with Maurizio Merli and Henry Silva, but there's also Alfonso Brescia's WHITE FANG AND THE HUNTER (1975) with Robert Woods, Joe D'Amato's RED COAT (1975) with Fabio Testi, Gianfranco Baldanello's THE CRY OF THE WOLF (1975) with Jack Palance and Joan Collins, as well as two very obscure entries that don't appear to have English dubs: Maurizio Pradeaux's I FIGLI DI ZANNA BIANCA (1974) and Vito Bruschini's ZANNA BIANCA NEL WEST (1977).

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

There are quite a few, and personally I think many of them are quite a bit better than this one. CALL OF THE WILD (1972) with Charlton Heston seems to be the one that started the trend but Fulci's WHITE FANG (1973) and CHALLENGE TO WHITE FANG (1974) seem to have been quite popular too. One of my favorites is WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE (1974) with Maurizio Merli and Henry Silva, but there's also Alfonso Brescia's WHITE FANG AND THE HUNTER (1975) with Robert Woods, Joe D'Amato's RED COAT (1975) with Fabio Testi, Gianfranco Baldanello's THE CRY OF THE WOLF (1975) with Jack Palance and Joan Collins, as well as two very obscure entries that don't appear to have English dubs: Maurizio Pradeaux's I FIGLI DI ZANNA BIANCA (1974) and Vito Bruschini's ZANNA BIANCA NEL WEST (1977).
Cheers Johan, I think WHITE FANG AND THE HUNTER is that LONE HUNTER OF THE WILD NORTH. I've got all the ones you mention apart from the last two.

I've got another Greek vhs somewhere to that I can't remember the name of, I'll try to dig it out.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I've got another Greek vhs somewhere to that I can't remember the name of, I'll try to dig it out.
Scrap that, It's an edition of THE CRY OF THE WOLF  ???

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Not heard of the Merli one before, can you start a thread on it Aarron? I'm on my phone at the moment otherwise I'd get on it.

Though now I've said that there's probably a thread already that I've posted in...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Not heard of the Merli one before, can you start a thread on it Aarron? I'm on my phone at the moment otherwise I'd get on it.
Will do ;)

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Was looking for a dvd of this & after a bit of googling I see that it is on Movies4Men2 (in the UK) on July 19th at 6:20pm - a list of other screening times here.

gnorthcott

• Violent Professional

cheers for the heads up,got it set to record already

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Does anyone know if the soundtrack is available?

I keep going to the youtube link Jonny posted, fast forwarding it in to nearly two minutes and listening to it  ::)

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

It's on Movies4Men2 right now in a widesceen print (with the Movies4Men2 logo in the black bar). I'll try posting a few grabs later this evening.

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Hope these come out OK - I tried to get as close to Jonny's as I could.

Unfortunately I'm guessing that there were some cuts - I suspect that there was at least one dog fight?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.61 seconds with 21 queries.